how does sound therapy work
The distinctiveness of this development involves two levels. On the one hand, in conjunction with behavioural researchers sounds were developed that simulate precisely the methodology of falling asleep. On the other hand, together with ENT specialists and hearing aid acousticians all of the frequencies that mask tinnitus noises were evaluated.
Music specialists brought these two sets of ﬁndings into harmony. The results are sound compositions that are individually attuned to the resonance tone of the tinnitus noise. Thus we have the ability to determine the frequency range of each patient’s tinnitus noise and to create an individualised sound composition speciﬁcally for this noise. Clinical trials show that after the ﬁrst 30 minutes of use there can be a positive effect already on the perception of the tinnitus noise.
First, it must be determined which tone (frequency) the person hears. A tone consists of a wave-shaped frequency. For each tone there is a counter tone which neutralises (overlays) it. So we can place a counter tone (counter wave) over the respective frequency, which neutralises it. Whistling tones are particularly suitable for this. The counter tone alone, however, is not very pleasant to hear. Example: If you hear a whistling tone in a certain frequency, you insert a noise tone in its adapted frequency. We thus hide this counter tone in a tinnitus-suitable sound composition (for night or daytime use), which specifically neutralises your tone in the ear. This counter tone is so well integrated into the sound composition that it is hardly audible and does not disturb the sound therapy.
suitable with symptoms like:
• Chronic tinnitus
• Tonal (whistling, ringing) tinnitus
• Sleep disturbances
• Before you start the sond therapie, make sure that you are undisturbed and cannot be bothered by any other incidental noises.
• Start the sond therapie and darken the room.
• Lie down, relaxed on your back, and close your eyes.
• Do not cross your arms or legs.
• Breathe regularly in and out. With every exhalation let your body sink deeper and deeper.
• Relax all the muscles of your entire body.
• Concentrate on your upper abdomen and imagine conducting heat into this area.
• As soon as you feel quiet and calm let yourself be guided only by the sound composition.